Friday, February 17, 2012

Progress, Process, and Whatever the Antonym of Failure Is

A couple of weeks ago, I gave this Les RAV contest a try.  After hours of frustration, I decided to put the contest on hold and hammer away at 3ds Max instead.  The weeks flew by and when Valentine's Day arrived I remembered the deadline.  I had a million other things to do, but hell I always have a million other things to do.  So I set aside a couple of days to focus on the contest.  And I'm glad I did.  What a fun project, and I made something pretty.


I don't know the exact number of hours I spent on this, but if I had to guess it was somewhere between twelve to fourteen hours.  Below is an animated WIP of some of my progress.  The initial stages are lost in time thanks to my incessant use of "flatten image".  It's not my fault Photoshop flips out when I have a million layers open.  Or maybe it is.


If you haven't heard of Les RAV, do check them out.  Here's one of my favorite songs:

No comments:

Post a Comment